Fate And Choice
Notwithstanding the circumstances of our lives and regardless of the events over which we have no control, we and we alone determine our fate through the choices we make. Will our choices lead to deep joy or profound sorrow? How may we find the path to one and not the other?
Thoughts About Choices
A choice is based upon two fundamental factors: we gather information and then make a decision.
On the source of information:
- It is trustworthy, honesty and objective? How do we know?
- How wide is the search for the source of information?
- How do we account for our unknowing, mental shortcomings, and our lack of experience, depth of knowledge, and wisdom? Have we removed the blinders to insight?
- What is the role of inspiration?
- Whom do we counsel?
- How trustworthy, honest and objective is our decision-making?
- Have we given the important decisions of our lives sufficient time and resources?
- Have we examined the blinders, arrogance and prejudices that unduly influence our decision-making?
- Have we opened the process to accept powers of discernment beyond our own?
- Whom do we counsel?
Naming, Claiming, and Proclaimingthe Abundant Life
Who am I? Good question. Who am I, really?
A very good question, a soul-searching question.
I am in search of The Abundant Life.
Why choose the abundant life? What is it? And where may it be found?
Join me in my journey to The Abundant Life..
my journey begins dailytoday i will...
I begin each day with short reflections based on Study, Prayer, and a commitment to Action (my Bible SPA).
What amazes me is the ease, breadth and depth of these thoughts that can only come from the Holy Spirit. I conclude each reflection with a mention of God’s altar because it is at God’s altar where blessings are bestowed, gratitude is offered, and wholeness is made. And God’s altar may be found anywhere and everywhere, and especially in my heart.
Today I will ask God to scour my heart, to fine what is impure and to cleanse it, that I may see Him at all times, in all situations and in all people.
Today I will take heed that I do not betray Christ with a kiss: that I do not pretend to love Him or neighbor, that I do not act out of self-interest, that I do not return His love with self-love
Today I will cease fighting my natural disposition to fix myself and welcome the Spirit to fix me from within.